Question about birth control

Patient : I have been on birth control for about 4 months. I missed one pill so I took two pills the next day. I then started bleeding and that continued for an entire week. Then, when I was supposed to get my period 2 weeks later, I bled for about one day and I usually have my period for 5 days. Is this normal?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for contacting askthe doctor.com when you missed the pill and took two pills the next day, it may be that the timing must have been more than 24 hrs, hence what you experienced was a withdrawal bleed due to missing pill which lasted for 7 days . However if you continued birth control for next cycle without any missing of pills , then this bleeding after 2 weeks is probably a breakthrough bleed . Continue the pack and just to be on the protective side, add barrier contraception in practice till the end of the cycle. I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health , regards