Question about bleaching cream

Patient

Q: I'm having plastic surgery in a week and I was wondering is it ok if I use hair bleaching creme or will I have side effects.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question and welcome to ask the doctor.

Without knowing what type of surgery you are undergoing, I can say that it is not a good idea to use bleaching creams this close to surgery. I would call your surgeon and discuss this issue before proceeding with this. If you are planning on bleaching your hair and are scheduled for breast surgery, this may not be a problem. Your surgeon can guide you on this topic.