Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Question about boogers

Question about boogers

Patient: Why would I have really long boogers that are kinda hard in the center an greenish in color

Symptoms: Feeling like I have mucus running down my throat an will not come out

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Based on your symptoms it is possible that you are experiencing a condition called post nas al drip. This is commonly an observed symptom in sinus infections or allergic sinusitis. Both of these conditions can be easily treated with prescription medication after being examined by your doctor. The colour and consistency of your mucus production could be indicative of a bacterial sinus infection. This may require treatment with antibiotics medication. Please see your doctor to have your sinuses examined and start the appropriate treatment.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com