Question about semen test result

Q: Need help in determine whether my semen test has any problems

Question about semen test r...-1

A:   Thank you for your query.
The semen analysis report says that it is normal. The motility,concentration all are in the normal limits. But what is more important is the velocity with which the spermatozoa are moving & also the genetic content of the spermatozoa, after all; the spermatozoon is a vehicle which can transport the genetic material of the male into the egg to ensure fertilisation leading the embryo formation & ultimately a pregnancy. Sometime because of the high oxidative stress in the body the fertilising potential of the spermatozoa maybe reduced. Therefore to reduce the oxidative levels it is advisable to adopt a healthy lifestyle like having 6 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep a day,1 to 2 hours of physical exercise a day, take plenty of water,fruit juices, fresh fruits & vegetables,dry fruits, green leafy vegetables, especially food rich in vitamin C & E will reduce the oxidative stress & provide clean environment for the gametogenesis to take place thereby increasing the fertility levels. Sometimes if the man is having subfertile semen parameters it would take longer time for him to impregnate a woman. If it has been more than year your couple have been planning for conception & failed to do so it is advisable to consult a fertility specialist & opt for assisted reproductive technologies to enable your couple achieve your dream of parenthood.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.

Patient: Thank you very much doctor. This explains it all :-) Thank you!
Patient: Thank you doctor. This explains it all! Thank you again