QUESTION ANSWERED - REPLY TO THAT QUESTION

Patient

Q: MY PCP FEELS ALL I NEED IS ORAL IRON. MY RECENT COLONOSCOPY WAS FINE AND NO BLOOD - SHOULD I PERHAPS PUSH FARTHER TO FIND A REASON. HE SAID AGING, BUT ALSO I KNOW B12 HELPS US ABSORB IRON

Symptoms:  FATIQUE
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.
Read our previous interactions related to the problems you have mentioned.

I do agree with your PCP, you do need oral iron but it is always better to go for further detailed tests as to why the problem has occurred.
Vitamin A and D help better than B12 in the process of absorption and taking additional Folic acid helps to improve the Hemoglobin.
It is advisable to take the anti-oxidants in the form of multivitamins and mineral as they too are needed for the normal functioning.

Nice to know that colonoscopy is normal.
I hope upper GI endoscopy is also done if the stool tests is positive for occult blood (Done before oral iron is started).
I think you should push further even after the treatment is started, have regular reviews by clinical evaluation as well as laboratory investigations as and when necessary till the iron and your health is fully improved.

Aging definitely can be a reason in addition to the ones we discussed. (may I please know your age).

Take care, take proper medication and you will be fine.
Wishing you a great health sooner.