Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Question I had given my girlfriend plan b agter a

Question I had given my girlfriend plan b agter a

Patient: Question. I had given my girlfriend plan b agter a condom misadventure. I do not believe that the condom brokebut i gave her plan b just to be safe. That was about 2-3 weeks ago. She has gotten her peiod after plan b and shes been off her period for about 4 days now and she just got her period again today. What does that mean?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Plan B is an emergency contraception, it can cause irregular cycles and bleeding can g et heavy. Do not worry if bleeding is with in normal limits.If bleeding gets heavy consult a gynecologist. She has no chance of pregnancy as she has got her cycles after plan b.Do not use plan b regularly. It is only for emergency use.Feel free for any further clarifications.Hope this helped.Regards