Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Question regarding Chlamydia Treatment and transmission

Question regarding Chlamydia Treatment and transmission

Patient: I tested positive for Chlamydia 3 days ago and received 2 pills of azrithromycin and a as of yesterday my throuat began to swell and becoming hard to swallow, is this common? And my gf is also now being treated for chlamydia and we havent had sexual contact but we have kissed. And was wondering if you can spread it through kissing?

Doctor: Regarding the first part of your question pertaining to the medication.The fact that you are getting difficulty swallowi ng and swelling in the throat means that you may be allergic to azithromycin and thus need to stop taking it immediately. If you find it difficult to breathe or are having hives then please see a physician in person asap. In regards to the second part, chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease and cannot be transmitted through kissing. I hope this helps.