Question regarding loss of period and anorexia?

Q: I know that losing your periods for at least 3 months is part of the criteria for anorexia diagnosis, but what are the details around this? for example, if one was to cease menstruating for 2 months, get their period back for a month, then lose it for another month then get it back ect does that still count? basically i think i may have an eating disorder but i currently have my period, even though about a year back when my eating habits were the same (and my weight was pretty much the same too) i lost it for 3 months and then got it back. sometimes i will lose my period for a month or two and then get it back.

pretty much, does the loss of period have to be 3 consequitive months of no period up til the diagnosis date? or would you just be diagnosed as EDNOS even if you show all other signs? i have a bmi below 17.5 and show every other sign for