Question regarding STD transmission from vaginal fluid

Patient

Q: Hello, I have a question regarding STD transmission from vaginal fluid.

Four days ago, I had protected vaginal sex with a woman during a one night stand. After pulling out of her vagina, I removed the condom. However, she wished to continue and proceeded to put the used condom back on inside out, with the surface of the condom that contacted her vagina now directly contacting my penis. Once she realized, due to the difficulty in trying to fit the condom on, that the condom was inside out, she flipped it and placed it back on me. At no point did my penis directly contact her vagina.

My question is am I at risk of contracting an STD from the outer surface of the used condom contacting my penis? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Symptoms:  No abnormal symptoms have developed so far.
Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion.

It is to be understood that the mode of transmission of STD like chlamydia or gonorrhoea, herpes is either seminal or vaginal fluid. So vaginal fluid of an infected woman is definitely infectious. In your case as the condom was placed inside out over the penis bringing the vaginal fluid in contact with penile skin, if the woman is infected then she can definitely transfer infection to you. The chances are further increased if there are any local abrasions or cuts present over your shaft of penis.

It is however suggested that if her medical status or STD status is unknown then you should get yourself screened for STD after 10 days which shall cover the incubation period of organism as well, and shall be detectable if present during the screening.

I hope I have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health and safe sexual practices,