Questions about birth control pills specifically Diane

Patient : I would like to ask if it is normal to have extended menstrual period for first time pill users? Im a first time user of diane pills and took it feb 18 which was the first day of my mens and until now i still have it. Is it normal?
Symptoms:  Light bleeding only
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Yes, bleeding can be prolonged for a week or more when one starts off with birth contr ol for the first time. In fact, the bleeding pattern may be abnormal for next 3 cycles. As long as the bleeding is not heavy and no clots associated, there is nothing to worry. Hope this helped. Regards