Questions about hpv in men

Patient

Q: Hpv in men, have not been sexually active in a few months. Thru reserch I found hpv may be a possibility in connecting my issues. I've had a sensitive tip of my penis for close to a year now but wearing loose underwear fixed the problem. No discharge or extreme discomfort in that year. The problem is just now getting me worried.

Symptoms:  Itching inner thigh, hives on butt, small wart in anus, itching in night and morning, discolored head of penis and maybe a bump, itch under head of penis in morning p, hives in between fingers and toes on ocaction
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question.
It is possible that the itching and discomfort in your genital and surrounding region could be due to a fungal infection of the area.
This would account for the itching not only at urethral meatus of your glans penis but also in the area of your inner thighs, as well as your buttock region.
The test for the HPV virus will require swabbing sample of the urethra along with blood testing to be certain. HPV commonly produces genital warts which are flesh-colored. This fungal infection could also be spreading to the areas between your hands and toes as well. For a diffuse infection such as this, you may need to take a course of oral antifungal medication.
Please seek medical attention immediately to have this evaluated and treated.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com