Questions about respiration?

Q: I was told to research these as i am a doctor in training, please could i have some answers to these questions... i have a patient who needs direct answerss to each one.

1) How does the oxygen needed for aerobic respiration get to the cells in the foot?
2) How does the carbon dioxide made by aerobic respiration leave the human body?
3) How does the food nee3ded for respiration reach all the cells of the body?
4) Explain why the heart rate and breathing rate change for a runner while exercising.
5) It takes a while for the heart rate and breathing rate to fall after the runner has finished. Why?