Questions about scoliosis

Patient : I have scoliosis and I was recently told by my doctor that I will most likely have to have surgery or a brace, My back has two curves top at 13 degrees and bottom at 25 the bottom one went from 17 to 25 in 3 and a half months. I was wondering if you knew anything about the surgery and anything that I could do that would possibly prevent it from getting worse? The doctor was supposed to call me back but he never did and when I called 3 different times he was busy each time... He recommended me to a doctor hours away because he doesn't do surgery on kids (I am 16) I'm and is laser surgery a option?
Symptoms:  I have back pain and right shoulder pain at times.