Questions to see if I am pregnant?

Patient

Q: My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. We have had sex before and on ovulation. Last time was Sunday. I have been feeling a little odd. Can't explain just different. Today I feel like I am having a little discharge. When I wipe or check it is really nothing. Clear and a little wet. I have also been experiencing cramps similar to period cramps but again a little different. I should start my period on December 21st. Could I be pregnant and feeling theses things like normal or is my body getting ready for my period? I had no pregnancy signs with my first child.

Symptoms:  Cramps, discharge, period over a week and a half away
Doctor

If you have had unprotected sex near your ovulation period as you mentioned, then there are chances that you may get pregnant if the ovulation is timed well. The excessive discharge per vaginum though is no indication confirming pregnancy , but in case you feel , to confirm you may opt for blood serum beta hcg levels on day 24-26 of your cycle. These levels if found to be raised, then it indicates that you are pregnant . If the levels are less than 1 , then you are safe. This is one method by which pregnancy can be ascertained before missing your periods and is more sensitive.
I hope i have answered your query ,
Wishing you good health,
regards