Quick Start method for starting Birth Control

Q: I have recently started back on my BCP after taking a break for a couple of months. I decided to take the quick start method as I wanted to start taking my contraception straight away. I am aware that this is not as safe as starting your pill on the first day of your period or on the first sunday, however I am not concerned with the possiblility of pegnancy.

I have started my period while still on the pill and it is a lot heavier than usual. Is this due to the face that I had stated my pill mid cycle and that ovulation had already occured before I start my pill? Or could there be another reason? If you could advise on whether it would be best to come off the pill on the regular last day or to continue a new packet that would be great. Thank you.