Quiestions about my Mirena Birth control

Patient

Q: I have Got the Mirena put in october 2011. I quit bleeding shortley which I loved that fact. Not too long afterwards couldn't find my string, They did a ultrasound and said it was fine. Couple days later my strings were gone again. Now I have been bleeding for 8 days and leaking discharge.

Doctor

A:   It is important that you see your doctor to rule out partial of complete expulsion expulsion of Mirena. Symptoms of partial or complete expulsion may include bleeding, pain and an increase in menstrual flow. If this occurs, Mirena may be replaced within 7 days of a menstrual period after pregnancy has been ruled out. Since you're not able to feel the strings, use a back-up form of birth control like condoms and call your healthcare provider.