Rabies from a dog not vaccinated

Patient : My friend 23 yrs old got bite by a dog which is vaccinated 3 months ago. 2 small bites marks are formed can he get rabies if he is not vaccinated?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. If the dog is immunized against rabies, it is unlikely that it would transmit rabies to you r friend. Since it has been 3 months, and your friend does not have any symptoms, then it would be unlikely he would have contracted rabies. Rabies is caused by a virus that is transmitted through direct contact with saliva of an animal or person infected with it. The symptoms of rabies are initially general weakness and flu-like symptoms which rapidly progress to symptoms of cerebral dysfunction, anxiety, confusion, agitation. As the disease progresses, the person may experience delirium, abnormal behaviour, hallucinations, and insomnia. This happens within a few days to 2 weeks and are often fatal if untreated. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com