RABIPUR SIDE EFFECTS

Patient

Q: I HAD DONE USG UPPER ABDOMEN.THE REPORT SHOWS MULTIPLE MESCENTRIC ENLARGED LYMPNODES. NOW FEW DAYS AGO I TOOK RABIPUR VACCINE. IS THIS THE CAUSE FOR THESE LYMPNODES TO SWELL?

Symptoms:  VOMIT FEELING,LACK OF APPETITE
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Rabipur contains inactivated rabies virus. This will cause an immune reaction in the body. An immune reaction will almost always cause an increase in the size of lymph nodes in the body.

This happens because the T cells in the lymph nodes will begin attacking the virus. It is normal to get some symptoms of a flu. But it is better to see a Doctor if you get high fever that doesn't go away after 5 days.

Hope this helps you. All the best.