Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Raised eosinophil counts and uric acid level

Raised eosinophil counts and uric acid level

Patient: Sir,i have high aec count in my blood and also found uric acid in my blood.i m also feeling lower back pain and muscle pain also.i m feeling that i m becoming weak very slowly.sir plz tell me what are the causes of this and what are the solutions.

Doctor: High absolute eosinophil count (AEC), is usually related with response of the immune system to allergies. In my opinion you need to avoid any food or substance you may be allergic to and have a nutritious diet to strengthen your immunity. Slight raise of uric acid levels may accompany inflammation of the muscle or may be raised for no apparent cause. Gradual stretching exercise for your back muscles along with anti inflammatory medication like ibuprofen, may help improve back pain. You may consult a physiotherapist for better treatment.