Raised TSH level in Pregnancy

Patient : I am 32 years old woman and having 18th weeks of second pregnancy. Just now came to know about my TSH level as it is 5 now. Started my medicine already. Please solve this issue and help me regarding this..
Symptoms:  Tiredness and restlessness
Doctor :   Hi, Welcome to Ask The Doctor. A TSH above 3.0 in the presence of normal T3 and T4 values is suugestive of subclinic al hypothyroidism. Thyroid hormones, specifically thyroxine, are essential for normal fetal brain development. In women with overt hypothyroidism (elevated TSH and low free T4 levels), T4 supplementation during pregnancy also has been associated with improved pregnancy outcomes. However, data indicating fetal benefit from thyroxine supplementation in pregnant women with subclinical hypothyroidism currently are not available. Generally in cases of subclinical hypothyroididsm, the decision to supplement thyroxine is based on the symptoms of the pregnant woman and her general wellbeing. Since you are experiencing tiredness and restlessness which are symptoms of hypothyroidism, your obstetrician or midwife may have decided on starting thyroxine supplementation. Monitor your TSH regularly to make sure it falls within the normal reference intervals. I hope this helps.