179 Physicians Online

Random palpitations: what could this be?

I felt palpitations for the first time today and it got me twice , im 26 years old i felt trembling but i wasnt scared i knew it was palpitations what should i do why this happened to me????

Palpitations can be very subjective at times. It is an unpleasant sensation of a forceful heartbeat which can sometimes cause anxiety. For now, you can observe it. For most cases of palpitations, no heart abnormalities can be determined. If this will happen again and more frequently, especially if accompanied with symptoms like chest tightness, difficulty of breathing, fainting, you should see a doctor as soon as possible so blood tests and other procedures can be done. I do hope I have answered your question and take care always.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA