Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Randomly I get a sharp pain in my mid back

Randomly I get a sharp pain in my mid back

Patient: Randomly I get a sharp pain in my mid back on the right side. It usually only lasts for about 30 seconds to a minute and it can come as often as a few days part or it could be a few weeks apart. What could it be?

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Muscular Spasm of your back off and on. This results mostly from incorrect posture.I would advise following:1. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.2. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally in case of acute pain3. Use hard mattress for sleeping.4. Avoid wrong postures.5. Learn back muscles strengthening exercises.Share my opinion with your Doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.