Rapid weight loss and no appetite for more than three months

Q: My father had a stroke the last part of April. He is 74 years old. It was considered mild, with some numbness on the left side. He has gone through physical therapy and is stronger, but still suffers the tingling & numbness. The big concern is weight loss. He has gone from 239 in April, to 199 as of August 18th. He has no appetite so he basically forces himself to eat something. But he eats very little when he does eat. He says he just doesn't have a taste for anything. What could be wrong, and how much longer can he expect the numbness ?