Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Rashes around nose during cold

Rashes around nose during cold

Patient: Im having the problem of rashes around the nose and above lips. it is happening each time when i got cold, and rarely some other times. but when i got cold it definitely come causing so much prblm, bcoz it is very painful and because of cold i have to sqeeze my nose, it is really horrible. plz give me a permanent solution for this

Doctor: Hello, Thanks for the query ATD.It appears that you are suffering from a viral infection known as herpes Simplex.It is very common to recur with seasonal flu or cold.These rashes are painful.My advice is to use Acivir cream over affected area thrice in a day for 7- 10 days. Please discuss my advice with your physician.Hope these helps.

Patient: thank u doctor for your answer…….