Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Rcently discovered I was pregnant with my 3rd child and was shocked cause it was unexpected due to my irregular periods

Rcently discovered I was pregnant with my 3rd child and was shocked cause it was unexpected due to my irregular periods

Patient: Hi my name is Bianca I am 25 and have two healthy sons. I have recently discovered I was pregnant with my 3rd child and was shocked cause it was unexpected due to my irregular periods. I went to an OB for my first pregnant visit with the nurse which they confirmed pregnancy with urine sample and asked a bunch of medical history questions. I am unsure of my last period so they scheduled a dating scan but I figured I couldn’t be that far along due to me only being sick and throwing up for only several weeks on and off. At the screening I was given an abdominal ultrasound and never a vaginal ultrasound. The tech told me I was about 9 weeks along everything seem normal as far as growth and what they were suppose to see except no cardiac activity. I was told more or given any other options besides a D&C or to take a pill to help me miscarry. I was never given blood work or an option of a second scan. I still am experiencing severe morning sickness which seems to last all day as well as sore breast and fatigue not she what to do

Symptoms: Fatigue, nausea. Sore breast

Doctor: Hello , as they said when there is no fetal cardiac activity abortion is the only option . But , after the process of ab ortion it is always good to go for second scan, and check out the extent of its completion. And morning sickness after abortion can at times take3-5 days of time to settle down, because all the hormonal changes have to settle back to their original state .beyond it you can consult a obstretician to suggest you any anti emetics besides ondansetron , if nausea is really worrying you . And breast tenderness also settles along with hormonal changes . Weakness is because ,abortion is a lot of metabolic trauma and stress to the body. so, to cope up with it take rest for 3-5 days and have more fluids , vitamin supplementation and protein diet .take care .