Re injured neck: do I need another MRI?

Patient : I had a whiplash injury in the cervical region under high g forces .A MRI revealed some disc protusions at c5-6 lvl and reflex spinal curve.After six months of rest again i had the same injury when subjected to g forces.I am absolutely normal 2 weeks after the injury playing squash,running etc. Is the injury more than just neck sprain or sum extra tests required than MRI, x-ray.
Doctor :    It is recommended additional imaging studies if you are having symptoms that may be due to a whiplash injury. The sever rity of the trauma often not correlated with the seriousness of the clinical problems. A history of neck injury is a significant risk factor for chronic neck pain. Other complications besides the pain include:  spinal cord compression, strains or tears of the anterior spinal ligaments, shoulder pain, muscular weakness of the arms. I would advise you to get an evaluation with a specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Physiatrist) if later on you start having symptoms, in order to rule out a possible nerve-muscle problem consequence of the same issue and at the same time have physical therapy .