Reaccurance Risk of Placenta Accreta

Patient : Can you please tell me what the percentage of a reaccuring placenta accreta is? I had a placenta accreta with my first pregnancy without it being diagnosed and am pregnant agian.
Doctor :   I totally agree with you being concerned about the recurrence of Placenta Accreta in your second pregnancy. The percenta ges vary from 10 to 25% of recurrence due to scars left on the Uterus from previous Cesarean Section or Dilation and curettage, probably increasing the chance even more. I would suggest you to be compliant with your pre natal controls especially in the third trimester trying to diagnose as early as possible if you might have a recurrence using methods such as Ultrasound and consult your Obstetrician –Gynecologist for more information on pre natal care on this type of situation.