Reaction to flu vaccine

Patient : My husband had a flu shot this morning and is aching all over and shaking with chills. Is this a usual side effect?
Symptoms:  Chills, aching
Doctor :   Thank you for your your question. There can be transient side effects of taking the flu shot such as pain at the injecti on site, aches, fever, and headaches. These symptoms can last for around 5-7 days. In the meantime, you can treat your husbands symptoms with oral analgesic medication such as ibuprofen. Should these symptoms continue beyond seven days, we strongly recommend that you have your husband go back to his doctor for further evaluation. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com