Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Reaction to taking vitamin b

Reaction to taking vitamin b

Patient: Could I have a reaction to vit b. I started taking it after I saw on Dr. Oz that it would help with sugar cravings. it made me feel so funky and so very tired. I could hardly keep my eyes open. I totally felt weird.

Doctor: It is definitely possible to have a reaction to taking vitamin b supplements. Many people get the same symptoms that you are experiencing taking Vitamin B. I would definitely refrain from taking it further and go and consult your family doctor. I am not a big fan of taking advice off of tv shows such as Dr. OZ as these shows are all marketing gimmicks. If you watch something on the show, its always important you consult your own family doctor before practicing any of the advice given on these shows. Hope this helps.