Reading comprehension level and focusing help

Q: Do I have some sort of disorder if I can not understand anything I read? I have taken reading workshops and learned how to break it down and learned different approaches to reading but nothing seems to help.

Symptoms:  I have found it very difficult to comprehend what I read. I often think of other things while I read, forget what I am reading, and overall just not get the big picture of what I read. I am a very forgetful person, I have to write things down in order to remember tasks. Those are the biggest symptoms I experience when I read. My mind sort of doses off and I keep reading, then it comes to the point where I don't know what I am reading. When I read a chapter for a college class, and we go over it in school, its like I've never read it in the first place. Some things are vaguely familiar as in "Oh I think I've read that" but not to the point where I know what the concept is about.