Reading MRI report and understanding, findings & impress

Patient

Q: Hello, I need help....My 81 father had an MRI done in the emergency room, and the dr. said it was fine. Then the ear specialist said the report said in his terms my father had a mini stroke. So is someone could read this and tell me what it means:

Findings: The axial diffusion weighted images reveal no foci of abnormal restricted diffusion which would indicate an acute infarction. The ventricles are midline, without mass effect or hydrocephalus. There are no parenchymal hemorrhages, extra-axial fluid collections or focal masses identified. Mild cortical atrophy is present. This is associate with mild chronic small vessel ischemic changes of the white matter. Brainstem and cerebellum are intact. Normal flow voids are present within both carotids, as well as the basilar arteries. On sagittal views, the craniocervical junction is intact. Pituitary gland is not enlgarged. Paranasal sinuses and middle ear cavities are aerated and clear. There are no masses at the level of the internal auditory canals observed.

Impression: Mild to moderate cortical atrophy is present. This is associated with mild chronic small vessel ischemic changes of the white matter. A recent or remote infarctions are present.

The third doctor we spoke to says the the last sentence is a typo and that it should have read "NO" recent or remote infarctions are present. Cause if a stroke or TIA was present it would have been in the Findings part.

So, out of 3 doctors....2 says this is normal for a man of my father age of 81 and have diagnosed him with severe vertigo, and the ear doctor says he had a mini stroke.

Please help me read this report. ty

Symptoms:  Dizziness, vomiting, room spinning, sweating.
Doctor