Really bad back for 3 weeks

Q: I've been suffering from a bad pain around my shoulder blade and now running down my back like pins and niddles

Symptoms:  Burning on my shoulder blade and pins and needles down my spine

A:   Thank you for your question. The pain in you are experiencing in your back and shoulder blade could be as a result of a pinched nerve in the area of your thoracic spine (upper back). This would lead to the paresthetic (pins and needles) pain that you are experiencing. You would be best served by having your doctor examine your upper back, neck and shoulders to see if this possible pinched nerve is due to muscle spasms in the area of your upper back. This can be alleviated with prescription muscle relaxant medication, or massage therapy. Please see your doctor for further evaluation.

Thank you for consulting