Really bad electric pain, cramping, numbness and tingling on entire left side of my body.

Patient

Q: I am 26 years old 5ft 1' female and I have episodes of really bad electric pain, cramping, numbness and tingling on the left side of my body.

At first, the pain used to start in the calf (cramping and tingling) with a strange numb like sensation and pain in the ankle, sole and last three toes (pinkie to third toe). it would then move up the calf to my thigh (with the cramping and tingling getting worse with the sensation of electric shock) to my lower back (left side).

in later episodes, the pain would continue up the left side of my back to my underarm down my arm to hand to my fingers (pinkie and ring finger) the same cramping, tingling, electric shock and numbing sensation that I would feel in my foot would be in my hand. (all the while the intensity of cramping and tingling would increase)

Of late however, the pain and sensations would not stop there but continue up my scapula up the left side of my neck and on to the left side of my head (back of head to front - left side only).

this would last for a minimum of three hours (maximum of 5 hours) with the cramping tingling, electric shock sensations and pain increasing in intensity. often, when the skin is touched there is a slight burning sensation.

After these episodes (generally) I would feel weak on my left side, very tired and left with numbness in the inner side of my hand (pinkie and ring finger through inner part of the forearm (side facing body), inner part of the arm and my underarm.

I could feel similar sensation in the left leg.

These episodes happen about 4 to 6 months apart and with each 'attack' the intensity gets worse. this last attack took place last night with the pain reaching as far as my head. it got so bad that that I could not sleep until 4:00 this morning and would wake up at intervals in pain.

I am in need of urgent advice as the doctors around me are just suggesting a pinched nerve but I worry that it may be more....

please respond asap.

Kind Regards.
TJ

Doctor