Recent addition to hangover symptoms--sharp stomach pain. Not gastritis, only occurs in morning.

Q: I have recently had a highly unusual addition to hangover symptoms consisting of sharp stomach pain. It is not a spiky pain, just sharp, in the lower-stomach upper-intestines region, it feels semi-localized in several vague locations but they shift over a matter of minutes. The pain is not burning, but similar to gas-related intesine pains I have had before, except more severe, and it has never before been this high up.

I don't believe it's gastritis because this does not occur immediately upon drinking, but only the following morning. I do occasionally have a pain immediately after taking my first drink, but that pain is higher, more burning, very obviously stomach-lining related, less severe, and it goes away quickly.

I am worried about pancreatitis, although I have no reason beyond WebMD-hypochondria to believe that's what it is. I do drink heavily, which is what made me think of pancreatitis, although I hear it only occurs in 5% of alcoholics. I also have two grandparents who drank well into their 70s, and uncles on the other side of the family who drink frequently, so I wouldn't think I would be pre-disposed to such alcohol-related illnesses.

I would be grateful for any advice or additional potential causes to research. I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you very much.