Recent chlamydia infection and UTI symptoms

Patient : A week and a half ago I was diagnosed with chlamydia. I had a slight itching which felt like it was inside my penis. I thought I would get an STD test, so did all the tests and I proved positive for Chlamydia. I was given two tablets to take in one dose and told to go on my way. However, since then I now seem to always feel like going to the toilet. I go and a small amount of urine comes out and then I feel like going again. It can be quite uncomfortable and I don't know what to do about it.
Doctor :   From the symptoms that you are describing you seem to have a urinary tract infection which is usually characterised by   urgency, frequency, foul smelling coudy urine, sometimes a pain in the pelvic area. I notice that you are taking doxycycline however the organism that you have may not be sensitive to doxycycline and thus it may not be helping. I adivce you to see your GP inoder to get your urine test and a dipstick test done and get a prescription of another antibiotic. Also in the mean time try drinking a lot of fluids which will help clearing the infection.