Recent Pap smear results were: atypical endocervical glandul

Patient : Recent Pap smear results were: atypical endocervical glandular cells favor neoplasty. What does this mean?
Symptoms:  Irregular period bleeding - brown discharge for a week, clotty
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. A pap smear is a screening test to rule out endocervical inflammation, infection and ca ncer of the cervix and uterus. Since you have had an abnormal discharge and irregular cycles, the investigation done is accurate. Atypical pap smear suggestive of neoplasm means that it is an abnormal report. It is likely to be a cancer of the cervix, which could be in an early or late stage. You will have to follow it up with a fractional curettage and a biopsy of the sample. Even a colposcopy guided biopsy will help in further classification. You will have to meet a gynecologist or a surgeon once for further follow up. Early stages can be treated by excision of the lesion, conization, cautery, LEEP, etc. Advanced stages will need a surgical removal of the uterus that is hysterectomy and removal of ovaries as well depending on the spread. Do not worry. Kindly see the doctor. It is curable. Write back for any further doubts. Hope this helped. Regards

Patient: I had a normal pap two years ago and I am HPV negative. I thought cervical cancer was slow-growing.
Doctor: Hello,
Cervical cancer is not slow growing, it can grow faster as well. It is worthwhile to repeat the test and go in for a colposcopy and guided biopsy as the smear is abnormal and suggestive of an underlying malignancy.
Hope this was helpful to you.