Recently I had clumpy discharge coming out of me and

Patient: Recently I had clumpy discharge coming out of me and burning I went to the doctor they said I had a cureable std they gave me medication that I took off and on but I was having sex while taking it and now the problem is happening again

Doctor: Hi.Welcome to Ask the Doctor. Thanks for your query.Well, if your Doctor has informed you that it is a curable STD , then it is wise to take the prescribed medicines by your Doctor continuously for the recommended days.As you informed earlier that you took the medicines ON AND OFF, then it is very much likely that the STD is not completely treated and it is still persisting. As a result you can still see clumpy discharge and burning again.I would suggest you to see your Doctor once again and do strictly take the medicines prescribed by him continuously.Also, till your STD is completely treated it would be better if you can avoid sex for few days.If it is difficult for you to avoid sex then you can use protection while having sex.Remember, from next time you can use CONDOM while having sex, it not only prevents unwanted pregnancy, but also prevents the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.And please try to maintain genital hygiene like washing the vagina thoroughly with water after visiting a toilet, keeping the vagina dry by wiping it with a soft towel after every washing.Wear 100% cotton underpants, and avoid overly tight clothing.Hope this helps.Wish you good health.