Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Recently my right shoulder has started hurting so much after

Recently my right shoulder has started hurting so much after

Patient: Recently my right shoulder has started hurting so much after I work. Everytime I rotate it, it pops but that doesn’t cause pain. I’ve always had a really stiff neck and the pain leading all way up into the right side of my neck and then the base of my skull (it feels like it’s even under the bone at the base). I don’t know what to do?

Symptoms: Pain in my right shoulder, popping, pain in my neck leading into my head. If it gets bad enough it triggers a migraine

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.From your history as well as considering your age, it seems like a shoulder ligament sprain.I will advise you a course of Advil twice daily for a week, and if the pain still persists, you should go ahead and get an x-ray done for a conclusive diagnosis.Hope this was helpful,Regards