Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Recently while masturbating i noticed some light bleeding af

Recently while masturbating i noticed some light bleeding af

Patient: Recently while masturbating i noticed some light bleeding after that lasted for a few hours. It happened before and i brushed it off as i was close to my cycle. I am on the depo shot and well into my 3 month cycle now. I didnt use any penetrating objects so i am mystified. What could be going on?

Symptoms: Bleeding after masturbation, slight recurring nausea at night

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Since it is close to your cy cle, masturbation can induce uterine contractions, leading to expelling out of some of the period blood. If it persists you will need an examination by the gynecologist.Hope this was helpful,Regards