Recovering from a sprained wrist

Patient: How long should it take for a sprained wrist to heal and is there anything I can do to accelerate the process?I sprained it about 6 weeks ago (bent forward and twisted towards the thumb) and it is usable in daily life, but there is pain on the outside of the wrist when I put weight on it (such as pushups or any press motion). Is there anything I can do to stretch it or strengthen supporting muscles?

Symptoms: Sensitive when bent backwards, especially on side away from thumb.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for your heath query.I have gone through your query and understand your concernYou got sprain of your w rist 6 weeks back. Treatment of it is rest to the wrist and analgesic for pain relief. You should avoid activities which are causing pain.Healing of wrist sprain takes nearly 6-10 weeks. Probably you have not rested your wrist properly that is why it has not healed till now. You can accelerate your healing by giving rest to wrist and avoiding activities causing pain. Vitamin B and C are helpful in recovery. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.