Recovery from Clavicle Resection

Patient : I have just had resection of the lateral end of the clavical can you explain this procedure and how long is the expected recovery time?
Doctor :   Resection of the lateral end of the clavicle is a procedure in which a small portion of the collar bone, near to the sho ulder joint, is removed. Such a procedure is performed in severe cases of shoulder diseases which cause pain and limited range of motion. The recovery time varies, with most persons achieving full recovery within 3-6 months, including physical therapy.