Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Rectum swelling due to shaving

Rectum swelling due to shaving

Patient: I shaved my entire anatomy down there…always do everyday with no problems…the next day after i had a BM it burned and itched ( my anus) i then felt pressure all day like i had to go again, the next day just the bottom of my bhole is swollen up and kinda hurts i feel like i cut it and its infected? no blood no itching ect

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that you may have sustained a cut while shaving. This cut could have become infected, swollen and painful. You should have this examined by doctor in persons. You will likely need topical anti-inflammatory medication along with antibiotics to treat this infection. Please refrain from shaving until this infection is completely resolved.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com