Recurrent pain in the back

Patient : Patient : my mother age: 59 what is the reason for the recurrent back pain my mother has had in her thoracic region? for more than 8 years my mother has had a recurrent pain in her pack. despite the number of times she visited the doctor there was no specific reasoning for her agony the most they could do was administration of pain reliever drugs/injections to her. her x-ray showed no signs of fractures doctor said.
Symptoms:  severe pain in the back (thoracic region)
she can not sleep
bulging in her back can not see it but you can feel it with your hand. looks like a fracture in her back ribs, but it is not based on the w-ray