Recurrent resistant bladder infection-pos.culture for E-coli-negative urinalysis, doctor wont treat

Q: I have been suffering from chronic bladder infections for quite some time which none of my doctors can figure out why - originally due to kidney stones but they are almost gone - now tiny and non-obstructing, so they are not the cause.

I was hospitalized a month ago for 10 days due to a resistant infection for IV antibiotics, first for Gentamycin (E-coli) and then for Vancomycin and Diflucan (cant remember the second infection but it also had yeast). Continued 6 days on outpatient for more vancomycin. 3 days after stopping the vancomycin, the symptoms started coming back and are getting worse each day.

Last week I had a repeat culture and it again came back E-coli - 50,000-100,000 but the urinalysis had bacteria but no WBC, so my doctor said it cant be an infection with no WBC - I normally have a WBC of 3 in my blood and thought that might be a cause for the lack of WBC in my urine but he just blew it off but I know when I have a terrible infection, my WBC will only go up to 5 or 7.

So, he repeated again to see what it would show and again it is E-coli - this time it is 20,000-50,000 with again no WBC and this time no bacteria but how could it grow E-coli with no bacteria or WBC but I have horrendous symptoms - burning - freguency and urgency like no tomorrow and occasional flank pain. I know it isn't as bad as when I was admitted because then I couldnt even make it to the restroom and I went every 5 minutes but I really dont want it to get that bad.

Can you explain any of this and are my doctors correct in saying E-coli with symptoms with such high counts dont need to be treated?

thank you for your time