Recurrent Shoulder dislocation after accident 2 years ago

Patient

Q: Hi doctor i am 21 years old man 2years back i fall down from the bike my right shoulder was dis located my hand turned back that time some unknown person came and he turned my hand correct position and next day i went to hospital so doctor just given some medicine and he gave one belt to my hand after one month i removed that n doing my work some day when i throwing the boll it was again dislocated and with in seconds again set again so from that day when throwing something it getting dis located now yesterday i went to swimming pool when i swimming my hand was to much dislocated again so from yesterday to much paining i cant lift my hand also.....so plz tell me sir Wat i have to do i have X ray also....

Doctor

A:    At that time, 2 years ago, you probably had a Subluxation of the shoulder, the head of the humerus did not go completely out of the joint socket and the unknown  person helped  it to go back in. I would advise you to be careful with your shoulder in the future, because repeated subluxations or luxations of the shoulder deteriorate the capsule and ligaments of the joint , causing chronic pain and instability that may be end up in having an operation to correct recurrent shoulder dislocations. Actually, there are many studies that have shown the increased likelihood of traumatic shoulder arthritis in patients with multiple shoulder dislocations. The operation may consist of either open or arthroscopic treatment of the cause of instability, and of course a Rehabilitation program after surgery to control pain, limitation and regain full function. So, for now try to avoid movements and activities that can potentially cause dislocation and work out to strengthen the muscles of your shoulders.