Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Recurrent symptoms of yeast infection

Recurrent symptoms of yeast infection

Patient: I now have a yeast infextion and i always get it constantly how do i know its not something else wring with me because.the itching is so bad i.cut my skin from scratching what can i do

Doctor: Symptoms of itching and vulvogaginitis due to yeast infection are extremely common. Most treatments are by over-the-coun ter antifungal preparation. How since you are experiencing recurrent symptoms of yeast infection I would recommend that you see your doctor to rule out any underlying immuno-suppressive state leading to recurrent infection. It may also be possible that other causes such as dermatitis due to spermicides, douches, hygiene products, bacterial vaginosis,  and trichomoniasis may be present. An evaluation by your doctor with microscopic examination of the discharge may be sufficient to make a definitive diagnosis.