Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Recurring pain at ligament area.

Recurring pain at ligament area.

Patient: My right knee ligament area recurring swelling. What is the reason? thanks

Symptoms: Pain and swell, pain is very bad when bending and stretching the knee

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for your query.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You have not provided with detailed history about pain how it started. If it occurred after injury then it is most likely a sprain with partial ligament injury and its treatment is quadriceps exercises, rest to joint by splint and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief.If it occurred spontaneously then it is likely to be synovitis. It may require biopsy and histopathological examination for diagnosis.MRI of knee is investigation of choice to distinguish between two and other conditions. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.