Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Recurring uti. need help?

Recurring uti. need help?

Patient: I am 27 years of age. I started getting recurring uti infection. I am allergic to penicillin. I visited a urologist because of the bacteria found after doing urine culture sensitivity test. They treated me with antibiotics. after completing the course I stil was still getting pain at the lower ..back an feverish.. side pain… tightness in my abdomen. I went bk an did a urine test an the bacteria was there still. After completing the course of tabIets i didnt went back but began gettin the same symptoms of lower back pain.. feverish.. side pain ..leg cramp.. by bikini an hip area etc wen i start getting back the pain I started drinkin cranberry juice regularly. Even eating apples.. drinking coconut water and eating cucumbers. . Carrots.. drinking alot of water .. eating celery stalks to prevent any kidney infection. I go off 4-5 times regularly. Even at nights 3-4. I didnt do any test after 3 months then decided to do back a urine test and the results was no bacteria was found. Question1) I would like to know can s urine culture sensitivity test detect kidney infection. 2) can these symptoms have anything to do with my kidneys. The doctor said who read the urine test that everthing is perfect no uti infection and kidney. He said the pain can be gas. . Or muscle strain. 3) can muscle strain be everyday. Last whole day n night. I also have anxiety. Plz help me

Symptoms: Coughing

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Yes these could be due to a kidney i nfection and it is better you get a Ultrasound or CT KUB done.Culture sensitivity can’t detect kidney infections.Also, get your RFT checked. It doesn’t seem like muscular pain, needs further investigations.Hope this was helpful,Regards