Recurring vomiting in my 5 year old daughter

Patient

Q: My 5 year old started to vomiting 6 weeks ago in the middle of the night. She only got sick once so we didn't think much. Exactly 1 week later she woke us up again this time she vomited every 40 minutes over a 5 hour period. After that she was fine so we assumed it was the stomach bug that had been going through her school. 2 weeks went by and then it happened again this time every 20 minutes like clock work for 4 hours. We started looking into everything she was eating cause there was no other symptoms and she was fine within hours of she stopping the vomiting. Again almost a full 2 weeks went by and today at 6am she got sick then again 1pm, 2:15, 4:00 and 5:30. As soon as she is done getting sick she seems fine talkative and playful.

Symptoms:  Recurring vomiting
Doctor

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question.

Some children, including babies, vomit for unknown reasons.
The following are the most common causes of vomiting in children:
-Digestive problems from stomach acid reflux, an infected appendix, or a blockage in the digestive system
-Infections of the ear, urinary tract, lungs, or spinal cord
-Nerve and brain conditions, such as trauma, tumors in your child's brain or spinal cord, or pressure from swelling
-Feeding problems, such as milk allergies, overfeeding, or improper position while feeding
-Poisonous chemicals or substances swallowed by your child

The main focus of treatment is to make sure your child does not become dehydrated. Your child may be admitted to the hospital if he has severe dehydration. Do not neglect please do take your child to your Doctor. In the meantime give him a lot of fluids as long as he is conscious and able to drink.

I hope this will help you. Take care.