Red & White Blood Low

Patient : My brother has low Red & White Blood Cells and he want to know why are they low. His Dr. dose not know why they are low.
Symptoms:  He been getting tired lately weak and hard to stay awake when he's watching tv.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. There are a multitude of causes for low red and white blood cell count. Some of the main ca uses of this could be due to anemia, infections, autoimmune disorders or even cancer. It is important that your brother follows up with his doctor or see a specialist in haematology to determine what could be causing these low values. His weakness, and lethargy are likely to be related to the low blood counts. Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com